Saturday, September 24, 2011

A minor setback

Today I have a little bit of bad news for you all.... As you might have already seen in my Twitter feed, I was planning to release the application on the Android Market today, however, because I still haven't been able to get my Google Checkout account verified I am not able to publish the application on the Market just yet....
My sincere apologies to everyone who was waiting for a release today.

Because posting just the above few lines would be a waste, I will also post some more information on the application. So here goes!

Brief Description ( As shown on the Market )

myClassicPet is an Application that tries to emulate the old Tamagotchi keychains from the 90's. For people not familiar with these keychains; this Application houses a so-called virtual pet, which you are expected to take care of!

You will have to feed it, see it to the bathroom, give it its medicine, let is sleep, play games with it and make it work out. When your pet is old and strong enough you will be able to battle your friends and their pets over Bluetooth!


The Application currently houses 16 different pets, can you unlock them all? Download the Application now and become the strongest creature breeder in your neighborhood!



Basic information
  • Has 16 animals in total,
  • Users can battle their friends and their pets,
  • Tamagotchi style pixel graphics,
  • 7 Different mini-games,
  • Currently 852Kb on phone memory and 280Kb on SD card,
  • Has optional Notification Service, the service is started periodically versus running 24/7,
  • Runs in landscape mode only,
  • Has six different background colors to pick from,
  • Price for the full version is 0,99.

Permissions
  1. Storage
    Save backup save files to the SD card.
  2. Network Communication
    create Bluetooth connections.
  3. Phone Calls
    Read the SDK version of the phone.
  4. System Tools
    Turn Off and On Bluetooth on your phone.
  5. Account Information
    User Accounts are used to link save files to.
  6. System Tools
    Automatically start at boot to start a periodic Notification Service
  7. Hardware Controls
    Control vibrator; used during Notifications.
  8. Network Communication
    Market license check



And up here we see a screenshot of what the application MIGHT look like when it is released on the market. ( Needless to say, I created this image myself and it isn't an actual screenshot of the Market )


And this is about all the information I can think of at the moment, as most of you might notice, a lot of this has been copied over from my first blogpost though... hehe....

Anyway, I hope that I'll be able to release this application soon enough, I know that a lot of people are waiting for it, I myself am also eager to release the application though. I hope you all have a good weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment